Pause, presence, and potent possibility
Mana Retreat Centre, Coromandel, New Zealand
The temporal space between Christmas and the New Year is an often overlooked opportunity, neither here nor there. Many of us are stressed and exhausted after the frenzied energy leading up to Christmas, then agonising over how to celebrate the New Year beginning.
This space between is the literal threshold of change: letting go of the old, pausing to soften, become really present with what is, and inviting in the new with a sense of potential and possibility.
During this retreat you will be able to explore and expand into this space wholeheartedly and authentically: devoting yourself to five days of regular holistic practice including hatha yoga, yin yoga, yoga nidra, and meditation.
There will also be plentiful time to rest, walk, contemplate, converse, laugh, or simply be, in stunning natural surroundings.
Mana Retreat Centre in the Coromandel hinterland is a truly special place to do this.
Last year’s sell-out Christmas retreat was an outstanding experience. It was filled comfortably with 30 unique and beautiful individuals from across the globe, sharing tranquil space at this potent time of year. We came together to create an extraordinary journey into the heart. We arrived as strangers, but left as friends. Many have already decided to return.
Some travel as singles, some couples, some friends. This retreat is open to men and women, individuals, singles and couples. Some of us, for many different reasons may be alone at Christmas, or without family; some of us may chose to take time out from family responsibilities. This retreat is the perfect place to be, a place where you will meet like-minded, like-hearted people, and simply be yourself.
This year we have a special guest co-teacher Margot Porter from Yoga East Studio in Victoria, Aus. Margot is also a senior teacher RYT500, and a dear friend and colleague of mine. Margot and I will lead a Bali retreat together in 2017.
We look forward to sharing this space and time with you.
Peace, love and light
The Space Between Retreat
Cost $1150 NZD
- all yoga tuition (2 yoga classes a day, plus guided meditations, walks and more)
- twin share accommodation (single on request) with linen and towels
- all divine vegetarian meals, grown and made with love (breakfast, lunch and dinner, tea and coffee, fruit snacks)
- use of all Mana facilities, including sauna and bush bath, library, sanctuary, walks
Not included in price:
- transport to/from the retreat centre
- transfers from the Auckland-Coromandel ferry - please advise Mana staff when you book.
- ferry tickets* (check with Fuller's for ferry timetable, arrive without having to drive!)
- massage or other bodywork treatments - available at extra charge
- optional add-on early arrival for Christmas day (after 3pm) which includes celebration dinner, breakfast and lunch $125 per person
Terms and Conditions
- To book: Register directly with Mana Retreat Centre, you can either book online or call them: phone +64 7 8668972
- This year full payment is required to secure your booking. There is an option on Mana's booking site to complete an intention form, for anyone who may struggle to pay in full on registering. Please get in touch if you need assistance.
- Cancellation: 10 days or more prior to course, fees may be fully transferred to another Mana event within 12 months, or refunded less $50 administration fee. 9 days or less prior, forfeits 50% of full fee.
Reviews of past retreats
"Fantastic retreat - exactly what I needed. Loved the balance between teaching and space to myself" Janelle
"Fantastic instruction. Wonderful clear calming voice. Thank you for the inspirational quotes, sharing your story, living what you're teaching and being such a great example. And thank you for catering to my skeptical mind during the practices and reminding me that I can just breathe" Anon
"Being part of your Yoga Retreat over Christmas has been deeply transformative for my Self. I cannot extent my love and gratitude to you enough to thank you for this. You are a wonderful teacher! There have been many days this year where I have spent time on my yoga mat. When I stand on the mat and breathe, it feels like "This is Gold". But I do miss the connection to you, and your guidance and holding, and the like-minded people from our retreat. And I so miss the dancing!!!" Ines Becker, Dunedin
“Thank you for planning and delivering such a fantastic retreat. The more I have reflected on it, the more I am aware of just how much care and attention went into every detail. When I signed up to attend, all that was really in my mind was wanting to have a break, and I liked the idea of combining that with yoga in a beautiful location. I honestly didn’t give any thought to the retreat aspect, and had no expectation that I would gain anything more than a few days off. So the whole thing was a wonderful surprise – and I have been truly amazed at how I have felt ongoing benefits. I left feeling so serene – I’m not sure that I have ever felt that before! In fact, I had slowed down so much that driving back down the coast I thought I was speeding – then glanced at the speedo and saw I was only doing 60 kph. Luckily no-one was on my tail! Although that initial sense of calm and slowness has worn off, I still feel I have a bit more clarity of mind and a different perspective on things." Sally Ratapu, Auckland